Call for Papers
The Workshop “Information Retrieval” (IR-2013)
The ubiquity of search systems has led to the application of information retrieval technology in many new contexts (e.g. mobile and international) and for new object types (products, patents, music, microblogs). To develop appropriate products, basic knowledge on information retrieval needs to be revisited and innovative approaches need to be applied, for example by allowing for more user interaction or by taking the user's situational context and the overall task into account. The quality of information retrieval needs to be evaluated for each context. Large evaluation initiatives respond to these challenges and develop new benchmarks.
The workshop Information Retrieval 2013 of the Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval within the German Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI) provides a forum for scientific discussion and the exchange of ideas. The workshop takes place in the context of the LWA "Learning, Knowledge and Adaptivity" workshop week (LWA, Oct 7-9, 2013) at the University of Bamberg in Germany. This workshop continues a successful series of conferences and workshops of the Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (http://www.fg-ir.de/). The workshop addresses researchers and practitioners from industry and universities. Especially Doctorate and Master students are encouraged to participate and discuss their ideas with world renowned experts. An Industry Session will stimulate the exchange between information retrieval professionals and academics. The workshop is expected to include German as well as English presentations.
- Dr.-Ing. Sascha Kriewel, University Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Dr. Claus-Peter Klas, Fernuniversität in Hagen, Germany
Topics of Interest
Submission should address current issues in Information Retrieval. They include (but are not limited to):
- Development and optimization of retrieval systems
- Information retrieval theory
- Retrieval with structured and multimedia documents
- Evaluation and evaluation research
- Text mining and information extraction
- Cross-lingual and cross-cultural IR
- Digital libraries
- User interfaces and user behavior, HCIR
- Interactive IR
- Machine learning in information retrieval
- Information retrieval and knowledge management
- Information retrieval and the semantic web
- Databases and information retrieval
- Social Search
- Task-based IR
- Web information retrieval (including blogs and microblogs)
- Patent retrieval
- Plagiarism detection
- Enterprise search
- Expert search
- Innovative concepts in IR teaching
We especially invite descriptions of running projects.
Types of Submissions:
- Full Papers (6 to 8 pages)
- Short Papers (4 pages): Position papers or work in progress
- Poster and Demonstrations (2 pages): Poster and Presentation of systems or prototypes
Submissions are welcome in English and German. They have to follow the conference format and should be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lwa2013). Please select the track Information Retrieval@LWA2013. All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
|Camera Ready Contributions|
|Workshop||October 7-9, 2013|
For any questions do not hesitate to contact the conference organizers at lwa2013[at]easychair.org.
Would be great to see you in Bamberg!